How to I Get a Court Order to Have My Son Attend a Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center?

Question by jamie: how to i get a court order to have my son attend a drug and alcohol treatment center?
My son who is 17 has a drinking problem. I found two big bottles of vodka in his room and vodka concealed in water bottles in his refrigerator. I have found a treatment center in the area that I have made an appointment with but my son refuses to go saying he doesn’t have a problem. The treatment center said I might have to get a Court order issued. How do I go about doing that if I can’t convince my son to go.

Best answer:

Answer by aanglea
talk to his physician & your attorney. see what qualifications are required by your insurance company.

Answer by ron
Little will be gained until he admits he has a problem,

Why do you feel he has a problem, are his grades bad, has he been truant, running away, passing out, etc. or is it only that you found a few bottles.

In many states you can petition the court for a PINS ( person in need of supervision ) designation,
often through family court ( not criminal ) and they may be able to mandate treatment.

If he gets arrested, criminal court may be able to make it a condition of sentencing.

But you need to speak to someone that can help you determine whether he has a problem or if your over-reacting. Someone more objective. Also make yourself aware of what out-patient treatment is available in your area in case that is a better option. Reach out to school counselors, clergy, etc

Rob Kardashian Reuters
The 26-year-old has reportedly checked himself into rehab at The Meadows trauma and addiction treatment center in Arizona. According to reports, Kardashian has gained weight due to smoking marijuana, drinking alcohol and prescription cough syrup.
Read more on International Business Times

More Alcohol Drug Treatment Centers Information…

Comments are closed.